I. Read the questions and circle the correct answer.
1. When was William Shakespeare born?
1498 1564 1895
2. Where was Shakespeare born?
Stratford-upon-Avon Cambridge Oxford
3. How many plays did Shakespeare write?
8 38 108
4. How many sonnets did Shakespeare write?
154 14 38
5. What's the name of the ‘Shakespeare theatre' in London?
The World Theatre The Old Theatre The Globe Theatre
6. ‘To be or not to be, that is the question’ is from which play?
As You Like It Henry V Hamlet
cut pay went hide loses get had fight
II. Fill the gaps with a verb from the box.
1. William Shakespeare and Anne Hathaway _______________ three children.
2. Shakespeare _______________ to London to work as an actor and a writer.
3. This play is about the idea that people usually _______________ what they deserve in the end.
4. If Antonio doesn’t _______________ back this money in time something terrible will happen.
5. Shylock will _______________ off a piece of his body.
6. Antonio _______________ all his business.
7. People _______________ in a beautiful forest.
8. Why do men _______________?
Adapted from: www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglishteens