Jul 4, 2012

[ELTeCS_PE​RU] English in Public schools

Dear all,


I was a teacher at a public school for nearly 10 years, I resigned 2 years ago. It is true what you all say, but even if you have the qualifications, the books, the lack of CDs (or sound systems in your classroom), the number of students, the number of hours, which are "pedagógicas", will not contribute to our teaching.

I have to admit that in order to cover all I had to do in a semester, I ended up using the very famous grammar translation method and the audiolingual method, as it was easier for me and my students. What would you do if your 2 hours were split into 2 different days and you had to cover a number of topics before the end of the month? It is difficult to include more communicative activities, when you have loads of things to cover in such a short number of hours.

Well, that´s all for me now.

Regards,

Glenda :D

No comments:

Post a Comment